Varsity Field Hockey

Lauren Yeo, Editor

Senior Emily Kuzel takes the field (Picture by Kim Glaes)

Varsity Field Hockey is taking on a brand new season. They have been practicing and training since last summer with the goal of making it to State Championships.

“I have really been looking forward to this season for many reasons! This is the fourth year in our first four-year cycle which means we finally have players that have been in the program for four whole seasons!” coach Meg Dudek said.

Many new freshmen and sophomores joined the team this year.

“I am really excited because we had such a great response at tryouts. Bringing in 12 new players was amazing and it shows me that field hockey finally had some momentum not just in our school but in our County,” Dudek said.

Loudoun County only has a Varsity Field Hockey team, and the administration and the coaches are hoping for a JV team to be added in the near future.

“As for goals this season, I have high expectations! I really think we can make it to the State Tournament this year and I hope we can make this happen for all the seniors who are leaving behind an incredible legacy for our program,” Dudek said.

The Varsity Field Hockey team has lost only one game through the season so far and is working its way up.

“I think that our team has a close family atmosphere, and I think that makes a huge difference in how we play,” Dudek said.